Wednesday 20 January 2016

Easiest Victoria Sponge - Baking

I thought that for my first Baking post of the new year, I would do something simple, but so tasty and something  that everyone should know how to bake. It can be made by anyone, with any baking ability, with just 4 ingredients.  A classic 2 layer Victoria Sponge. I learnt this recipe off my nan, and have been baking it for years.

   

In a bowl, put 8 ounces (227g) each of Self Raising Flour, Caster Sugar and Margarine. add 4 eggs, and using either a Mixer or wooden spoon, combine all the ingredients together until smooth. I don't sieve the flour or sugar, I don't cream the sugar and butter. I put it all in the same bowl and mix, which is why this is the easiest Victoria sponge you will find (That still tastes amazing). You could add in vanilla essence if you want but its not necessary.

Bake on 180 Degrees Celsius(fan) or 356(Fahrenheit) or Gas mark 4, depending on your oven, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and spongy to touch. Leave to cool then spread an even layer of jam in the middle. sprinkle icing sugar on top and enjoy with a cup of tea. 




Let me know how you get on! all my links are in the bar under my blog name.

Happy Baking

Love Ella x

No comments:

Post a Comment