Sunday 21 February 2016

The Cookie Brownie

Today's recipe is one that is very popular with my friends, whenever I send a photo of these cookies, I'm bombarded with messages asking for some. I found this recipe online, and have adapted it to a more brownie like texture, because lets face it, who like a hard cookie?

For this recipe you will need:


  • 1 egg
  • 270g Self raising flour
  • 210g Margarine
  • 300g Caster sugar
  • 80g Cocoa powder
  • 50g milk chocolate
  • 50g dark chocolate 
  • 50g white chocolate
  1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (fan assisted).
  2. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy
  3. Add in a beaten egg and mix until its combined.
  4. Mix in the cocoa powder and flour, until a dough consistency is formed and its not sticking to your hand, add milk if its too dry.
  5. Break up the chocolate into chunks and add to the dough, making sure its distributed all the way through the dough.
  6. Using your hands make the dough into balls, whatever size you want your cookies to be. Personally I make them the size of a ping pong ball, and place them on a lined baking tray with a 2cm gap between each one.
  7. Bake for between 8-10 minutes depending on how gooey you want the Cookie brownies to be. When you take them out the oven they won't look cooked, however they continue cooking out the oven and start to harden, so its important you don't leave them in too long.
  8. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
I hope you like this Twist on Chocolate cookies. Let me know if you make them!

4 comments:

  1. These cookies look delicious Ella! I think I'm going to have to try baking them :) X
    Lauren | www.cupcakesandcandyfloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy Ella :) please can you send me one in the post as I'm absolutely rubbish at baking and I think they would end up in the bin if I tried to make them! Yours on the other hand look amazing xxx

    www.francescajayne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they wouldn't end up in the bin, practice makes perfect! It's taken me a while to perfect them, and after a few flat ones, I've got th and texture just right! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete