Tuesday 2 February 2016

Urban Decay&Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette - Beauty

In November, Urban Decay released a limited edition Collection in collaboration with Gwen Steffani. The collection is based on what Gwen would wear herself, Urban Decay have said its her 'Dream Come True Shades' and I was really surprised when I saw the eyeshadow pallete and lipsticks, that they are quite neutral, there isn't many that are very extravagant, which makes this collection very wearable for everyday, aswell as creating a glam night time look. The collection includes an eyeshadow pallete, Blush Pallete, Brow Box, Lip Pencils and Lipsticks. I picked up the Eyeshadow Pallete and was given samples of the lipsticks, and wanted to share my thoughts.

Before I buy any makeup product, I have to search reviews on them, to make sure I'm buying something I will use, especially with high end products, it's a lot of money to spend for something to just sit in your makup bag. And after reading Zoellas Blogpost, I realised I needed this pallete in my life.



The packaging stands out and is eye catching for all the products. The eyeshadows are in quite chunky box, with gold trim, I love the simplistic yet outstanding design. It's too pretty to hide away in the draw so I keep it on my dressing table. I was drawn to the vast amount of neutral shades, and shimmers in this pallete. It includes 7 matte shades and 8 shimmers and I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed with the quality of the product, because urban decay are well known for their long lasting and pigmented eyeshadows. 



The only colour I won't be wearing much is the danger, because it's a bright blue, but the rest will be getting a lot of use. My favourite colours are 'pop' which has a very wet metallic look on your eyelid, 'punk' which is a lovely deep purple shade and 'Bathwater' which works as a highlighter aswell as a base colour, to really brighten your eyes. I honestly can't fault this palette, and it's by far my favourite makeup item that I own. For £40 I really believe this is a must buy, a little on the pricey side, However the naked palettes are £38 for 12 shadows, and this one has 15, but with the naked you do get a brush. 




The lipsticks are very pigmented, and last on your lips for ages! I'm so impressed with the quality of them and will definatly be purchasing one or two. They are very smooth to apply and creamy in texture. My favourite is 'Ex-Girlfriend' which is a nude with a hint of purple. I'm not one for a very bold lip, but I will use the other colours as I'm trying to be abit more daring with my makeup.

Have you brought anything from the Gwen Stefani collection? Is their anything you want to buy? 

* I couldn't take swatches as my camera would focus on the colours, however this blogpost has all the swatches :) -https://www.zoella.co.uk/2015/11/urban-decay-gwen-stefani-eyeshadow-palette.html

4 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I would buy it but I really need to stop spending so much money on makeup!
    Lovely post Ella!

    Emma C xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can justify the price because it's limited edition so won't be available in the future;) so it's all good! Thank you Emma! Xx

      Delete
  2. This palette is beautiful, it's just whether or not I will allow myself to splash out on it! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been getting a lot of use out of it so I would suggest splashing out, its really worth it! x

      Delete